Bali and Sanur.

My first flight with a budget airline, Air Asia, and I have to say it wasn’t too bad, the seats were really comfy although anyone with legs longer than mine would have had trouble (and let’s face it, that would be most people!!!), as my knees were up against the back of the seat in front of me. Just a short 2 1/2 hour flight this time, someone who shall remain nameless slept all the way! We arrived at Bali airport to find that it is not quite like Singapore airport, and after queuing for around 20 mins to pay our US$25 entry visa, we then had to joint the queues for immigration. Over an hour later (in un air conditioned airport too I might add), we finally got through immigration to then head for the customs queue. This queue was at least moving very quickly, then it was outside to queue up again for a taxi.

Through the streets of Kuta and off to Sanur, I must say it was a little of a culture shock after Singapore where everything is so clean, tidy, modern, and very safe (yes Ann, I am living in my bubble again!!). But we made it eventually through the chaotic traffic to out hotel, the Bali Hyatt. What a pleasant surprise, from the greeting at the entrance, the welcome lei, cool drink and cool flannel, the friendly welcoming staff, we were soon off to our room, an ocean view room on the ground floor no less. It is bliss.

View from our room

Welcome flowers in our room

We had arranged to meet up with Suzy Lynch (Margaret’s daughter) and her partner Sonia for dinner, by the time we had been through all the queues, fought traffic etc we were pretty well shattered so they came to the hotel to meet up with us and join us for dinner. We had a lovely meal with some traditional Balinese dishes and with the lovely company a very pleasant evening was spent before Alex and I crashed into bed.

View along the beach

Tuesday morning and after a nice long sleep, we headed off to the restaurant for breakfast, and delicious it was too, before we decided to make our plans for a day. The plans included swimming, reading and lying on the sun loungers under beach umbrellas. I know, a tough life but someone has to do it! By mid afternoon we thought we had best prepare ourselves for tomorrow as we are heading to Ubud for a couple of nights before returning here for one night before we head our separate ways. So we now have a car booked to take us to Ubud, but also to take us on a sightseeing trip along the way. As well, we have booked ourselves a nice spa treatment and massage for tonight, well, it has been a tough day today.

We have both read or finished a book today, now we are onto the next Book in the pile.

The weather in Bali is very warm but not as humid as Singapore so it is a little more comfortable. But thank goodness for air conditioning in our room as I don’t think I would survive for too long without it.

Home from the spa and massage, and oh my goodness, it was the most wonderful, relaxing, delightful massage I have ever had, all 90 minutes of it! Sleep now.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: